A couple of TRS19 issues...

507 001
Milepost 1
Trainz Version: 2009/2010
Trainz Build: 41844

A couple of TRS19 issues...

Post by 507 001 »

Good evening!

I have recently begun moving a lot of my favourite routes from TANE to TRS19. I've actually owned 19 for a while but just hadn't gotten round to using it.

All I can say is wow! What a difference! I'm really impressed by 19 so far.

I have a couple of issues though and wondered if anybody knew of fixes for them;

1) When loading a route using the quick drive option from surveyor, I'm unable to change the vast majority of points on the route. There seems to be no logic to which can be changed and which can't, and they can't be changed in map view either.

2) I can't use the keyboard to adjust the regulator whilst driving steam. I can do anything else with the keyboard, just not the regulator. I've checked the key mapping and all is fine there.

Could it simply be that I'm missing a service pack?

Any help gratefully received.

Thanks!
Nexusdj
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS22
Trainz Build: 123794
Author KUID: 45317

Re: A couple of TRS19 issues...

Post by Nexusdj »

Is the route a built-in route , third party one from the DLS / web or one of your own ?
High visibility pixels must be worn when on or about the line !!
507 001
Milepost 1

Post by 507 001 »

Nexusdj wrote:Is the route a built-in route , third party one from the DLS / web or one of your own ?

Hi Nexus,

they’re routes that were built into 09 and TANE that I’ve fettled over the years, specifically Wadalbavale and Rosworth Vale. I haven’t actually had chance to try a route that I’ve built myself yet.

:)
Nexusdj
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS22
Trainz Build: 123794
Author KUID: 45317

Post by Nexusdj »

Are you using the Interlocking towers setup on the routes . I have never used it myself on one of my routes but Mark has it setup on his wonderful Cornish mainline route and I've noticed that the points are locked if I set up a session then go into driver mode . Hopefully someone who does know how to use it correctly can help if that's the system you use ?

Also check to see that the levers and or track aren't in another layer like the session layer or in a layer that is locked ?
High visibility pixels must be worn when on or about the line !!
507 001
Milepost 1

Post by 507 001 »

Nexusdj wrote:Are you using the Interlocking towers setup on the routes . I have never used it myself on one of my routes but Mark has it setup on his wonderful Cornish mainline route and I've noticed that the points are locked if I set up a session then go into driver mode . Hopefully someone who does know how to use it correctly can help if that's the system you use ?

Also check to see that the levers and or track aren't in another layer like the session layer or in a layer that is locked ?

Hi Nexus,

Apologies for the delay in replying. I've never used interlocking towers so that wasn't it. Weirdly the points issue seems to have gone away of its own accord. Weird.

I am however still having trouble with steam loco regulators though.

Today a new problem has developed where pretty much all of the UK colour light signals and a few of the semaphores that use Bloodnok's script have decided they're now faulty and wont show up on routes. Even more weird, they're showing up red in surveyor, but not in content manager which thinks they're fine. Baffling.
Mightyena
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: T:ANE
Trainz Build: 105766
Author KUID: 688183

Post by Mightyena »

Ah yes, that sounds like Trainz and its endless database shennanigans. Have you tried doing a database repair? That usually helps sort out assets that have inexplicably become faulty with no actual problems (though be prepared for a database repair to cause them to swithch over to "fully faulty" instead of "fully working" :lol:)
James M, creator of the
network
507 001
Milepost 1

Post by 507 001 »

Mightyena wrote:Ah yes, that sounds like Trainz and its endless database shennanigans. Have you tried doing a database repair? That usually helps sort out assets that have inexplicably become faulty with no actual problems (though be prepared for a database repair to cause them to swithch over to "fully faulty" instead of "fully working" :lol:)
Indeed! I did actually run two database repairs to no avail. Am I going mad or did there used to be an extended database repair in an older version, maybe 2009?
PerRock
Milepost 5
Trainz Version: TANE
Trainz Build: 3
Author KUID: 104609

Post by PerRock »

507 001 wrote:
Mightyena wrote:Ah yes, that sounds like Trainz and its endless database shennanigans. Have you tried doing a database repair? That usually helps sort out assets that have inexplicably become faulty with no actual problems (though be prepared for a database repair to cause them to swithch over to "fully faulty" instead of "fully working" :lol:)
Indeed! I did actually run two database repairs to no avail. Am I going mad or did there used to be an extended database repair in an older version, maybe 2009?
There's always been a "Extended Database Repair", that's your standard repair; what they added for a few versions of Trainz, was the quick repair. In both TANE & 19 there has been a fair bit of work on the TAD system, eliminating the need for a quick repair.
Mightyena
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: T:ANE
Trainz Build: 105766
Author KUID: 688183

Post by Mightyena »

I was always cautioned to avoid doing an EDR unless absolutely out of other options. And not only because even a "quick" database repair would take over an hour on my SSD. THankfully that's something T:ANE improved on over TS12, a database repair went from several hours to about 15 minutes.
James M, creator of the
network