TANE crashes loading certain routes

Peter White
Milepost 7
Trainz Version: TRS22+

Re: TANE crashes loading certain routes

Post by Peter White »

Iv'e been having a similar problem in 2019 Platinum and I think I have found the problem. It seems that if I edit the route whilst in the session this causes a CTD when I try to open the route for edit afterwards. By locking the route layer I have not had a problem.
Hope this helps.
clam1952
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS22
Trainz Build: 116243
Author KUID: 425700

Post by clam1952 »

Mightyena wrote:No, I never got round to installing the shader mod,
Another idea : could you send the corrupted route to another TANE user to see if they can open and then save the route for you , It might remove the corruption ?
That might be worth a look, though I did install a copy of TANE on my laptop, just to make absolutely sure I had no Trainz files lying around on the system, and it did the same thing there.

I've narrowed it down to 2 routes that cause the issue when installed. Unfortunately I don't think I could send them to others as they are both personal use modifications of DLS routes (Duchy Days and Edenbridge Trams)
Duchy Days seems to be OK in TANE SP4 here, apart from the levitating tunnels.

Try comparing the original route's assets from the DLS to your modified version against those you have added or altered? Easy if you have two PC's not so easy on one, however, Disable what you have added and see if the problem goes away, then enable a few items at a time until the problem happens? tedious however N3V got me to do that when I was having problems, turned out to be down to one asset, a vintage car, I forget which one. Deleting it fixed the problem.

If it's two routes it's probably something common to both?
Cheers

Malc

Member of Trainz Carriage and Wagon Works
http://www.trainz-carriage-wagon-works.com/
Mightyena
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: T:ANE
Trainz Build: 105766
Author KUID: 688183

Post by Mightyena »

clam1952 wrote: Duchy Days seems to be OK in TANE SP4 here, apart from the levitating tunnels.
Duchy Days downloaded from the DLS works fine. It seems to be my modified version has gotten corrupted at some point a while back.
Try comparing the original route's assets from the DLS to your modified version against those you have added or altered? Easy if you have two PC's not so easy on one, however, Disable what you have added and see if the problem goes away, then enable a few items at a time until the problem happens? tedious however N3V got me to do that when I was having problems, turned out to be down to one asset, a vintage car, I forget which one. Deleting it fixed the problem.
I'll have a look at that, though I'm about 90% sure the only thing I did was fix the levitating tunnels. I might have upgraded some semaphores to colour lights too, I'll have to go through and check.
If it's two routes it's probably something common to both?
If I go into content manager, and separately "list dependencies recursively" on Duchy Days (original), Duchy Days (modified), and Edenbridge Trams (modified), and then do a filter for:

Asset KUID: <list from Duchy Days (modified)>
Asset KUID: <list from Edenbridge Trams (modified)>
AND NOT
Asset KUID: <list from Duchy Days (original)>

This should give me every dependency that is common to both faulty routes, but is not included in the known good copy of Duchy days.

It returns one result:
<kuid2:523:1124:2> | Missing Spline | Base

Doing the same but just for Duchy Days:
Asset KUID: <list from Duchy Days (modified)>
AND NOT
Asset KUID: <list from Duchy Days (original)>

returns:
<kuid2:523:1124:2> | Missing Spline | Base
<kuid:45317:107174> | Sig 3a dorman LH (1980s post) | Installed from DLS
<kuid:45317:107166> | Sig 3aT dorman LH (1980s post) | Installed from DLS
James M, creator of the
network
clam1952
Forum Veteran

Post by clam1952 »

Hmm, I think the missing spline only appears in a routes dependencies if you have ever had a missing spline and then stays there, doesn't seem to appear when there has never been a missing spline.

Those dormans have a lot of dependencies which should all be builtins, maybe worth checking none have become locally modified and revert to original, other than that can't see they would cause any problems.
Cheers

Malc

Mightyena
Forum Veteran

Post by Mightyena »

Peter White wrote:Iv'e been having a similar problem in 2019 Platinum and I think I have found the problem. It seems that if I edit the route whilst in the session this causes a CTD when I try to open the route for edit afterwards. By locking the route layer I have not had a problem.
Hope this helps.
OMG I LOVE YOU! That seems to be exactly the problem! I can now reproduce the issue 100%.

Open up surveyor with the "Edit Session" option, then make a change that requires the save dialog to display "overwrite route and session". Save it, then go back to the route selection, and "Edit Route". TANE Crashes.

This has helped make a ton of sense, since the problem was essentially random before this info (since there's no way to tell "have I saved this route after entering surveyor through 'edit session'")

Discovered this through giving up on the old route. Since the only changes were the tunnels, signals and a couple of trackmark relocations, I decided to re-clone the original Duchy Days route, and attach the session to that instead. Opened for edit just fine. Moved a trackmark (having edited the session), and suddenly, CTD.
James M, creator of the
network
Peter White
Milepost 7
Trainz Version: TRS22+

Post by Peter White »

Glad to be of help.
Bug report has been submitted to N3V
clam1952
Forum Veteran

Post by clam1952 »

Peter White wrote:Glad to be of help.
Bug report has been submitted to N3V
Hmm thought that was supposed to have been fixed in SP4. I'm using TRS19 for most things now which seems to be stable, probably regret saying that now. ;)
Cheers

Malc

Mightyena
Forum Veteran

Post by Mightyena »

Nope, can confirm it still happens in SP4.

I'll have to test TRS19 too, I don't actually have any build 4.6 routes yet (I'm trying to keep them compatible with TS12/TANE)
James M, creator of the
network