Difference between Mk3 SLEs and SLEPs?

General UK Railway Discussion and questions.
slenderman7676
Past 100!
Trainz Version: T:ANE
Trainz Build: 4
Author KUID: 628458

Difference between Mk3 SLEs and SLEPs?

Post by slenderman7676 »

Hi there. I just wanted to ask exactly what is different in a SLEP compared to an SLE externally? Because (going off the Trainz models at least) they look exactly the same from both sides unless I've not noticed a small detail. I know the P in SLEP stands for Pantry iirc but what technically is the "Pantry" on sleeper trains? Hoping that anyone here may have answers. Cheers.
car112
Past 100!
Trainz Version: TRS19
Trainz Build: 116313
Author KUID: 533914

Re: Difference between Mk3 SLEs and SLEPs?

Post by car112 »

slenderman7676 wrote:Hi there. I just wanted to ask exactly what is different in a SLEP compared to an SLE externally? Because (going off the Trainz models at least) they look exactly the same from both sides unless I've not noticed a small detail. I know the P in SLEP stands for Pantry iirc but what technically is the "Pantry" on sleeper trains? Hoping that anyone here may have answers. Cheers.
http://www.barrowmoremrg.co.uk/BRBDocum ... EK_web.pdf

As referenced from the attached document from the Sleeper Either Class article on Wikipedia, SLE means Sleep Either Class and SLEP means Sleep Either Class with Pantry, respectively. The diagram of a SLE coach can be found on page 225 in the pdf file and the SLEP coach can be found on page 227. As you can see, both coaches are the same externally. However, the only difference is that in the SLEP coach, there is a compartment reserved for an attendant. That attendant's compartment is the pantry.
slenderman7676
Past 100!
Trainz Version: T:ANE
Trainz Build: 4
Author KUID: 628458

Re: Difference between Mk3 SLEs and SLEPs?

Post by slenderman7676 »

Thanks. That doccument is an interesting read. I'm bookmarking it.