Railwaves Signals

General Trainz discussion and questions.
PFX
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS22
Trainz Build: 119450

Railwaves Signals

Post by PFX »

I was cleaning up my drives and stumbled across all the DLC I bought from Railwaves fairly soon after I discovered Trainz, things I thought I'd lost in a PC meltdown years ago. I decided to have a look at them and see what works. I wasn't expecting much as I'd had to make numerous alterations to the Turbostars and Voyagers to get them working in later versions of the game, but to my surprise, I discovered the signals appear to work in TRS22. I was interested to see that there are signals with junction approach, SPAD, and calling on functions. These work by setting the signals to respond to the junction layouts and following signals as I recall. A bit more labour intensive than the more standard triggers method, but it would seem to offer a lot of extra functionality.

While I haven't set them up as yet (bit pointless as I couldn't release anything that included them) it would suggest the advance junction signal warning can be done, however, this functionality may well have disappeared over the many changes in scripting since they were first created.

Also of note are the Class 47 with animated louvres, though poor colouring, and the signs pack which was very similar to that offered by Russell White via his website. I don't think he ever uploaded them to the DLS as they allowed for pretty much any configuration of TSRs, PSRs, and various other lineside signage, as well as ground signals with route indication. I discovered this when attempting to make the Midshire and Rosworth Vale lines public.